Georgia CNS Mission
To advance the unique expertise and value the clinical nurse specialist contributes to healthcare.
Georgia CNS Goals
The Georgia CNS will:
Every business has a beginning, and this is where you talk about yours. People want to know what opportunity you saw or how your passion led to the creation of something new. Talk about your roots--people wanna know you have some.
Georgia CNS Purpose
- provide educational, networking, and mentoring opportunities for the continuing professional development of the clinical nurse specialist;
- promote the visibility of clinical nurse specialists’ impact on cost, quality and access to nursing care to health care systems/organizations;
- provide education to communities and/or health care organizations and the public regarding the unique contributions of clinical nurse specialists to the well-being of individuals and groups;
- provide a forum for the identification and discussion of issues and trends that affect and shape the evolution of clinical nurse specialist practice;
- promote the unification of clinical nurse specialists in their advanced practice roles regarding competencies, spheres of influence, standards of performance and educational preparation;
- provide for the development and dissemination of position statements and white papers regarding health care policy issues pertinent to quality, cost and access to nursing care, strategies to improve the appropriate use of health care resources and the need for and preparation of clinical nurse specialists.
- serve as a clearinghouse for information pertinent to clinical nurse specialists and clinical nurse specialist practice;
- collaborate with other groups addressing issues of common concern to advanced practice nurses;
- contribute to the body of knowledge regarding clinical nurse specialist practice and patient care;
- promote the development of programs relevant to the preparation of clinical nurse specialist students;
- provide opportunities for mentorship for clinical nurse specialist students and members interested in becoming active members of the professional organization;
- represent the interests of clinical nurse specialists in legislative and regulatory processes.
- represent the interests of clinical nurse specialists in licensing, accreditation, credentialing, and educational initiatives.
Message from the Georgia CNS President:
Meet the Board Elect
Barbara Hill, MSN.....
Meet the Team